Did you know that your smile can tell a lot about you? Not only it is an indication of your mood at the moment, it can give dentists a clue to your overall health. Poor oral hygiene can lead to such complications as oral and facial pain, gum disease and a variety of mouth infections that can affect major organs of the body.
That’s why practicing good oral hygiene and seeing a dentist regularly is so important for people of all ages. The state-of-the-art practice of Veritas Dentistry and our skilled professionals are dedicated to keeping your teeth and gums in tip-top shape.
Habits that promote good oral health:
1. Brush twice a day: Brush for at least two minutes, using fluoridated toothpaste.
2. Floss daily: It removes plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach.
3. Replace your toothbrush: Do this every three months or when it appears warn.
4. Visit the dentist regularly for cleanings and exams. This is one of the most effective ways to detect the early signs of gum disease.
5. Limit soda, coffee and alcohol: Excess amounts can cause tooth decay.
6. Drink milk: Milk contains calcium, which strengthens teeth and builds stronger enamel.
7. Some carbs are okay: Despite their popularity, low-carb diets can cause bad breath. A balanced, dental-healthy diet can help reduce tooth decay.
8. Take a daily dose of vitamins C and D: These vitamins help support the absorption of healthy mouth minerals such as calcium and phosphorous, which support the bone and gum tissue, keeping it healthy. This is an easy way to maintain dental hygiene and fight gum disease.
9. Avoid cigarettes and smokeless tobacco: These are known to contribute to gum disease and oral cancer.
Committed to maintaining your great smile!
At the office of Veritas Dentistry, we’re dedicated to providing the highest quality of skilled and compassionate care. For more information on the many other dental services we provide, give us a call today.”